Accession Number: PC.29
Artist: John Warren
watercolor, 21 x 27 inches
John Warren was a lithographer employed by the WPA in San Francisco in the 1930s. He is mostly known for his watercolor paintings and is believed to have been part of the Federal Art Project exhibit in 1935 and exhibited at the Art Institute of Chicago. He lived in California.
This painting was donated to the San Luis Obispo Museum of Art’s permanent collection by the H. Bender estate in 1996.