The San Luis Obispo Museum of Art is located in downtown San Luis Obispo on the west end of Mission Plaza, at the heart of the city’s cultural corridor. SLOMA is committed to an exhibition program that brings together visual artists from around the world with renowned artists from California and the US. With free admission and monthly events, SLOMA is the heart of the Central Coast’s arts community, serving as both a gathering place for the community and an essential stop for visitors.
To provide and promote diverse visual arts experiences for people of all ages and backgrounds through exhibition, education, creation, and collaboration.
Appraisals and Authentication
The San Luis Obispo Museum of Art does not provide appraisal, authentication, or conservation/restoration services. Below is a select list of references that may be helpful if you are in need of these services.
- American Institute for Conservation’s “Find a Professional” page, culturalheritage.org:
- The American Society of Appraisers, (800) 272‐8258, www.appraisers.org.
- The International Society of Appraisers, (312) 981‐6778, www.isa‐appraisers.org
- Bonhams & Butterfields, (323) 850‐7500, www.butterfields.com.
- Christie’s, (310) 385‐2600, www.christies.com.
- Sotheby’s, (310) 274‐0340, www.sothebys.com.
- Art Dealers Association of America, (212) 940‐8590, www.artdealers.org.
- For painting conservation: Balboa Art Conservation Center, (619) 236‐9702, www.bacc.org.
- For textile conservation: Conservators of Fine Fabrics, (562)697‐7763, www.coff.com.