Don Klopfer (1920-2009) was born in Washington, D.C. and died in Arroyo Grande, California. He attended the National Art School in Washington D.C. and the California College of Arts and Crafts in Oakland, California. Don served as a Merchant Marine during World War II.
From 1954 to 1980, he owned and operated The Flair Shop, his furniture restoration business and art gallery, in West Los Angeles. Don moved to Arroyo Grande, California to retire and continue painting and exhibiting his works.
This painting was purchased from the artist by friends of the San Luis Obispo Museum of Art for acquisition to its Permanent Collection.