Youth Arts Education
The San Luis Obispo Museum of Art is excited to announce a new partnership with the YMCA of SLO County to provide art programming and activities through the Y’s summer camps.
Between June 12 – August 12, the Museum of Art will incorporate visual arts education for K-6 campers. This education program will include:
- Two trained SLOMA educators to facilitate the lessons
- All supplies, instructions, and learning materials in our standard Art Kit package that campers can take home at the end of the day
The Museum will also host the three, two-hour field trips for each camp group that will include:
- A guided tour of the Museum’s program utilizing Visual Learning Strategies
- A light art activity at the Museum
- A lovely spot for campers to enjoy their bagged lunch
Proposed camps will take place in San Luis Obispo, Arroyo Grande, and Paso Robles to ensure K-6 children across SLO County will have expanded access to visual arts education. Please contact the YMCA of SLO County for registration information, financial assistance opportunities, and to confirm which camps are participating in this pilot program.