The Museum of Art, along with so many businesses and organizations throughout California, must temporarily close effective July 13, 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the Governor’s updated guidelines for indoor venues. The staff and board of directors would like to sincerely thank all of our generous donors and members who have continued to support the Museum during its closure.
The safety of our staff and visitors is our top priority and we are looking forward to the day when we can all gather again safely.
Digital slide shows of our current exhibitions are available for free at sloma.org/exhibits and we are expanding our youth arts education program to include free weekly activity prompts for kids and teens. Virtual workshops for adults are being added regularly so keep checking our Education page!
When the Museum is able to re-open, please note the following rules for visitors:
- The Museum will be open Thursday through Sunday from 11 AM to 5 PM. Admission is still free.
- We will allow a maximum of 10 visitors at a time. Please enter via the Broad Street door and exit via Mission Plaza.
- Our bathrooms will not be open to the public.
- Social distancing is encouraged in the galleries and Museum Store.
- Masks are REQUIRED for entry. Don’t have a mask? We have some available to purchase in our store.
SLOMA staff is committed to providing a safe and clean space for the community to enjoy. High-touch surfaces will be cleaned regularly and hand sanitizer is available for all visitors.
Questions? Visit sloma.org/contact or call us at (805) 543-8562.